Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Long Time no Haul

So it's been a while again since I've written a blog post, sorry about that!

I have come with gifts! (well, at least for me, ha)

My lovely Mother-in-law was out visiting for 5 days, left yesterday, and we made a trip out to West Edmonton Mall on Monday! While we were there we stopped in at Sephora and MAC (of course, can't go to a mall and not go to those stores now!) I had some things I wanted to pick up so I made it quick and didn't have to torture Cathy while I just browsed. :P

Here are some items I picked up and what I think of them so far!

This is the Clear Improvement: Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores by Origins (as you can see, ha).

I tried this the night that I bought it and after first use I'm impressed! My best friend raved about charcoal skin care products that she is loving right now and I found this one, it had awesome reviews online, so I decided to try it out.

It's super easy to apply and use; you just smooth it over your face (you can put more than one layer on), let it dry out (it feels a bit burn-y as you do this, but that's how you know it's working! Feels like mint on your face), and then you wash it off!

After rinsing this stuff off I moisturized my face (as it is a bit drying), and then just went about my night. A couple of hours later I re-assessed and my breakouts that I have right now had all been dried up by the mask!

Some of the reviews that I read about this product were that it's amazing to get rid of and deal with hormonal acne breakouts, which is why I wanted to try it. So far I'm impressed and I can see it working like a charm if I use this mask a couple times a week. ^_^

The next product that I picked up (which was at one of those body jewelry booths in the mall), is Holey Butt'r!! This stuff is like the holy grail in the ear stretching world and I've known about this stuff since before I got my first piercings or tattoos, back when I was probably 15.

I have my ears stretched up to 1 gauge right now, and I've never really taken care of them like I should (oops). Whenever I order jewelry off of bodyartforms.com I always forget to order the stuff and so when I saw the tins at the booth in the mall yesterday, I had to get some!

I have used the balm twice so far, and am incorporating it in to my bed time routine now when I wash my face and such (so that I don't forget), and I'm really loving it so far!

You just take a tiny bit and massage it in to your ear lobes (take your plugs out and massage it in to the inner part of the piercing), and that's that! After two times of using this stuff I absolutely love it, and I can't see myself not having it in the future. It makes your ears super soft and even after two times, I can feel it loosening up my ears already. I wanted to get it to help loosen up my ears as they are really tight, no matter how long I wait between stretching up a size.

Happy customer with that!

 My next two products that I picked up at the mall were from MAC.

I went to MAC because I wanted to see if they had a nice mint coloured eyeshadow, which I was disappointed to find out that they didn't have.

While there I decided to pick up an eyeshadow similar to what I was looking for, as well as their black gel eyeliner to try out.

I haven't tried the eyeliner yet but I'm super excited to, and I'm sure it's going to be amazing. It looks creamy and super black so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

As for the eyeshadow, even though it's not the mint colour I was wanting, it is still super gorgeous!




The eyeshadow is a really pretty greenish blue that is super shimmery and I can't wait to try it out too!

I love MAC eyeshadow as it's a great quality eyeshadow but it's not my go-to. I do love the colours that I have though and it's great quality so I do love it.

I'm not a huge fan of the colour blue, so I'm hoping this colour looks good on me!

It's definitely not the mint I was looking for though, boo. :(

But that's all for now, folks. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for my next post or video! I'm hoping to film a video soon but I'm not sure on what, although maybe I'll give you all a little tour of my makeup collection! ^_^

~Kayla (in mall adventure makeup)

No comments:

Post a Comment