Sunday, December 14, 2014

S.A.D

It's been a while since I posted last! Sorry about that folks.

I'm not sure if you all know this but I battle with anxiety every day, and depression on and off, and have for as long as I can remember. I've never gotten help for it and I don't really feel the need to other than talking to friends and family.

Well, there is something called S.A.D- Seasonal Affective Disorder, which is basically where in the winter months people will get depressed because of the lack of sunshine and the less daylight. Simple explanation.

I get this bad. I hate winter... especially in this stupid Province where it seems to be winter 90% of the year. There is no fall or spring, there is just winter and summer..........

So in the winter time if it's a darker, more dreary day, I have absolutely no motivation to do anything. Once it gets dark at night (at like 4pm...) I just feel like I want to go to sleep or just sit around and be a blob. My motivation goes from ok, to non-existent in the winter and my procrastination levels rise dramatically. Not sure how that's possible.

Unfortunately, it doesn't help when it is damn cold here and there is tons of snow on the ground and I don't want to go outside ever. I hate cold. Cabin fever is a real thing people.

The past few months I've also been battling being sick. I had 2 colds back to back starting around September 29th and I didn't start feeling back to normal and better until mid November. I still have a cough sometimes throughout the day and my lungs don't feel great. I should probably go to the doctor because for all I know I had pneumonia or something...

Christmas is also coming up, which means we're stressing out about money even more so than we do usually. Ugh.

Anyways, just thought I'd write a short post to explain why I haven't been posting lately and say hi to all of you lovely folks. :)

Here is a picture of Michael and I all happy and dressed up after his work Christmas party. :3




















~Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment